Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review: Of Sun & Moon by Bryna Butler

Of Sun & MoonTitle: Of Sun & Moon
Author: Bryna Butler
Publisher: Createspace
Date: April 8th 2011
Pages: 226
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Young Adult
Series: Midnight Guardian #1
Source: Paperback

Goodreads Summary:



Teens are disappearing in a small river town in southern Ohio as Keira Ryan begins her freshman year. Kidnappings aside, her worries mount as she crushes on an older guy, her best friend starts dating a spoiled cheerleader, and the parents that abandoned her at birth arrive at her doorstep. And, oh yeah, she’s a tooth fairy destined to kick some butt and bring about the end of a royal line of vicious, blood-sucking tyrants. Over the years, humans have pieced together sightings and assumptions to create the myth of the tooth fairy. As it turns out, they were pretty much wrong.
Review:


First I want to say the cover is gorgeous!
 I found this book on Amazon and though I would give it try. It sounds different and original. The premise of the book is pretty interesting and it did keep me turning the pages. I think the idea was great. The myth behind the tooth fairies that the world hears is far from the truth. The so called tooth fairies in this book are not at all interested in the teeth as much as they are in saving the world, so to speak.


The book was easy to get in to and the characters were interesting. The main characters were well described and pretty well built. The secondary characters fell flat at times, but not enough to take away from the story. The relationship between the two main characters felt real and honest to me, which I really love in my stories.


I did have a hard time following the story at times. The writing was good but did not flow as well as it could in parts of the book. I felt confused at the beginning; it took me a while to really understand what was happening. When I first started reading the book it was hard to see where the story was heading and that was a little frustrating. The truth behind Keira came quick and rushed. The story of Keira was really hard to follow for me at first. After a few more chapters I began to finally grasp Keira but still failed to see how the missing kids were connected. In the end it did come together and I was able to say to myself “ah now I get it” and figured the confusion must be intentional.


I did enjoy the story and I will continue to read the series to see how it ends; however I feel that I would have enjoyed the book a little more if it didn’t feel rushed. I think more could have been included in the book and a slower pace would have done the story justice.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs