Monday, June 25, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightTitle: The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: PoppyLittleBrown
Publishing Date: January 2nd 2012
Pages: 236
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: Stand Alone
Source: Hardcover

Goodreads Summary:


"Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?"

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

Review:
I have recently discovered the joy of contemporary romance and this one left me yearning for more. I devoured this book. I laughed and I cried and in the end I was happy and sad it was over. After that last page I closed the book and held it in my hands for a few moments, quietly letting it all sink in.

I don’t believe in love at first sight or even second or third sight. I believe that love and a strong relationship require hard work, understanding, and selfless acts. This book made me really want to believe in love at first sight.

I love the story. It was so unbelievable that it made it believable. Girl meets boy in airport. Girl and boy are both going to a dreaded event. Girl and boy sit next to each other on the plane for many many hours and learn everything they can about each other. Girl and Boy go separate ways at final destination just to search each other out again.

The one thing I can say about this love story is there were selfless acts and there was understanding.

Hadley is dreading going to her father’s wedding she has never been able to forgive him for leaving his family and destroying her and her mother’s life. She goes only on the insistence of her mother. The only thing that makes this trip bearable is Oliver, a British boy she meets at the airport.

After missing her flight, a long night on the plane with little sleep, and dread at the bottom of her stomach she makes it to her father’s wedding where she learns a lot about herself, her father, and Oliver. She starts to make some choices that she never expected and found a reconnection to her father and possibly her first love.

I would recommend this book for anyone who loves a “sweep me off my feet” kind of book with a pinch of teen angst. I think that I will find myself opening up this book when I need to believe in something good.

Rating:



8 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about this book and now your review makes me wanna read it even more. It is def officially in my TBR pile!

    ~V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you made a great decision. I hope you like it as much as I did.

      Delete
  2. Great review! I am also not a believer of love at first sight so I've been avoiding this book for a while. I want to read it but I've been afraid I would hate it. But maybe I'll give it a try if it made you want to be a believer...it must be really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about this one and do want to read it. I also don't believe in love at first sight either, but it can make for a great read.

    Loved your review! Now I want to read this even more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one. This does sound good too. Loved you review.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your review of this book. It has been in my TBR pile for a while. I am hoping it will surface soon.

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. For more information click here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many good things about this book, I am so excited to read it! Can't wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review! Here's mine if you don't mind: http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-statistical-probability-of-love-at.html

    They're turning this one into a movie. I'm so excited!

    Thanks and have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs