Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review: Entice by Carrie Jones

Entice (Need, #3)Title: Entice
Author: Carrie Jones
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Publishing Date: December 14, 2012
Pages: 214
Genre: YA Paranormal
Series: Need #3
Source: Hardcover

Goodreads Summary:

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever. But that's not quite how things have worked out. For starters, well, Nick is dead. Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla? And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't turned into just any pixie. . . She's Astley's queen.

Review:
The books just seemed to keep getting better for me. The third installment of the Need series took me on a real wild ride. I loved the direction this series has taken.

The story continues for Zara, Nick, Astley, and friends. Zara is really focused on going to Valhalla and getting Nick back. Astley is focused on making Zara the queen she needs to be and the rest of the gang just wants to stop the pixies. There are so many problems and so little time for Zara and the gang to figure things out. The mythology really came out in this book with Zara’s trip to Valhalla. I loved the world that the author created in Valhalla. Wet a few new characters and had some good battle scenes. Valhalla definitely was a great addition to the story. The plot definitely thickens more!

The gang is still great and some of the characters are edging their way to awesome. Zara struggles with her choices. She wants to save Nick from Valhalla but is concerned about being a pixie. She feels she made the right choice to be pixie but also knows it is changing her, drawing her closer to Astley and her pixies. She wants to be the queen she needs to be but how does she do that without leaving her friends behind. There are so many that she loves who exist to fight what she is. I could see Zara maturing more in these books, she thinks more and acts slower.

Astley keeps growing on me more and more. I really love Astley. As I get to know him more, I love him more. I know that Zara loves Nick and they have their story, but I really want Zara to be with Nick. I feel this is where she belongs. Astley has me believing that not all pixies have to be bad.

Of course the end comes, another cliffhanger. So again, have Endure really close by!

Rating:




2 comments:

  1. I have this series on my wish list. I have not yet started it, but I am bumping it up. Thank you for your wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me why I wanted to read this. Need to dig it out.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs