Sunday, August 12, 2012

Read-a-Thon: Summer Wrap Up Read-a-Thon Final Day

Summer Wrap-UpThe Summer Wrap Up Read-A-Thon is hosted by Jennifer at Some Like It Paranormal and Jude at In Between.

Read:
Die for Me (Revenants, #1)Tokyo Heist

Didn't get as much as I wanted but I read some pretty good books!

Photo Album Challenge:

Where I spend most of my reading: My over-stuffed comfy chair in my living room!














Often with my doggie Luna! 















Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon Challenge: Volleyball!
My volleyball hits Bella from Twilight right on the head as she tries to reach up and hit it over the net. As it hits her on the head and her hands go up, her left foot trips her right foot and she starts to fall forward. Centimeters before slamming her face into the court floor, Edward sweeps in and scoops her up, safe and sound.

Summer Wrap-Up Read-a-Thon: Paranormal Summer Challenge

If I could be any paranormal or mythical creature for one Night. I would be a mermaid. I think I would be the vicious kind, the dark and hungry kind. I would like to embrace the dark side for one night. But before I make my first kill, I fall for the hot manly surfer that likes to hit the waves under the moonlight. Fascinated by him I forget about my hunger and follow him.  I am able to get feet away from him and as our eyes meet a big monstrous waves hits and knocks him under. I have to save him and after, his kiss will change my murderous ways. 

Summer Wrap Up Readathon - Title Story Challenge!

Take these 10 titles and make a story, please leave it in the comments. 

The Jelly Bean CrisisUndeadDairy Queen (Dairy Queen, #1)Kill Me SoftlyEpic (Epic #1)Dead is a Battlefield (Dead Is, #6)SweetlyDearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1)
Croak (Croak, #1)The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)

My Story: The Jelly Bean crisis caused the Dairy Queen to Kill Me Softly and others to Croak. Now Dead is A Battlefield and the Epic Power of Six Sweetly fought the Undead making them the Dearly Departed. 

lol. that was fun! 

SUMMER WRAP-UP READ-A-THON CHALLENGE-Rewrite the Synopsis

My rewrite is for Tokyo Heist.
Tokyo Heist

actual synopsis:

Sixteen-year-old Violet loves reading manga and wearing scarves made from kimono fabric, so she’s thrilled that her father’s new painting commission means a summer trip to Japan. But what starts as an exotic vacation quickly turns into a dangerous treasure hunt.

Her father’s newest clients, the Yamada family, are the victims of a high-profile art robbery: van Gogh sketches have been stolen from their home, and, until they can produce the corresponding painting, everyone's lives are in danger -- including Violet's and her father's.

Violet’s search for the missing van Gogh takes her from the Seattle Art Museum, to the yakuza-infested streets of Tokyo, to a secluded inn in Kyoto. As the mystery thickens, Violet’s not sure whom she can trust. But she knows one thing: she has to solve the mystery -- before it’s too late.
My Synopsis

Teen Violet loves manga, mystery, and art. Her mother abandon's her for the summer with a trip to Italy so she ends up staying with her father, who barely knows her. Quickly her stay with her father becomes mystery, art heists, danger, and a trip to Japan. Now she is mixed up with Japanese mobsters and finds betrayal in those she thought she could trust. Can Violet solver the mystery and get herself out of this mess before she becomes another victim?

2 comments:

  1. Great job! 8 books is fantastic! Die For Me and Uncommon Criminals were great! Really curious about Envy and Looking For Alaska and When the Sea is Rising Red. Those sound interesting. I figured Bella would be a popular volleyball victim lol
    Thanks so much for participating!
    My Wrap-Up Photo Album

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of books! And those places look so cozy and comfortable. ;3

    Here is my post!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs