Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #30 and W.W.W. #15



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



I am waiting on....

The Diviners by Libba Bray

September 18th 2012 

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)
Evie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City--and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of The Museum of American Folklore, Superstition, and the Occult--also known as "The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies."
When a rash of occult-based murders comes to light, Evie and her uncle are right in the thick of the investigation. And through it all, Evie has a secret: a mysterious power that could help catch the killer--if he doesn't catch her first.





I haven't read any Libba Bray's books, but this one looks really good. I can't wait to read it!



W...W...W.. Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by should Be Reading.... 


To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What are you currently reading?

In Honor  Crazy Dangerous  A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful, #1) 


What did you recently finish reading?
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire HunterFingerprints of YouSchooled


What do you think you’ll read next?
Fractured LightThe Way We Fall (Fallen World, #1)The Last Princess (Last Princess, #1)




15 comments:

  1. The Diviners looks really good! I've read her previous series and I loved it so I hope this book doesn't disappoint.
    My WOW:
    World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what a coincidence - two WoW/WWW participants featuring the same book for Waiting On Wednesday this week! I'm really looking forward to The Diviners, too, obviously.

    You have some pretty amazing books on your list this week. How was Fingerprints of You? I'm looking forward to your review. : )

    Happy Wednesday! My WoW/WWW
    - Jessie Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingerprints of You was really really good.I just worked on my review and will have it up tonight.

      Delete
  3. A copy of The Diviners is on its way to me right now!! I seriously can't wait for this book...I love all things Libba Bray! I even featured this on a WoW a few weeks ago. I hope we both love it! :D Here's my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy Dangerous has a cool cover. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I want to read it.

    Here's my WWW Wednesday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks!

    Thanks for stopping by.
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I managed to grab up a copy of Libba's book at work! We had an ARC on our shelf and I snagged it :) I'm super excited to read it, it looks awesome :D Great pick! What did you think of Fingerprints of You? I'm reading it now and I'm LOVING it :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it! I hope that I see it start showing up more on blogs. I think it's a must read book.

      Delete
  7. Ooh, The Last Princess looks so good. What a gorgeous cover it has!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/08/www-wednesdays_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! Don't think I've heard of that one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thoughts on Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter? Did you see the movie too? It kind of sounds like my kind of book, but I've heard mixed things.
    http://wellreadfish.blogspot.com/2012/08/www-wednesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. IN HONOR! :D & I really liked A Need So Beautiful, can't wait to get the 2nd one! :D
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/08/wow-www.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. How was Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? I've been curious about that one ever since I saw the movie.

    My WWW Wednesday is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it very much, darker than I thought it would be. I would highly recommend it if you like history and vampires.

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs