Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thoughts for Thursday: Austin Teen Book Festival: It's Finally Here; Well it will be Saturday...

The Austin Teen Book Festival is finally right around the corner. I will be getting up early on Saturday morning to head out. I hope to get there when the doors open so I can purchase a few books then hit the first panel. I am a little upset that I cannot go to all 6 panels but I believe I can see 3. They book 2 at time, causing me to choose. I know evil right. There is at least one author on each panel I would love to hear. Anyways I will have to choose, and I am not positive yet how I am going to do just that. I you are curious the panels are listed below... If you would like to add comments on your choices or what you would choose... please do so! 

I am listing the books I was able to read so far and a like to their reviews. I hope to get a few more reviews up before Saturday :)
Check out the reviews and let me know your thoughts.!


Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)                Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)           Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
Of Poseidon by Anna Banks            Heist Society  and Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

Croak (Croak, #1)          Tempest Rising (Tempest, #1)                      Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)


Firelight (Firelight, #1)          Matched (Matched, #1)                The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)
                   
Firelight by Sophie Jordan     Matched by Ally Condie     Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

I am working on reviews for these, and hope to have them up by the end of the weekend. 

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)Me and Earl and the Dying GirlCrossed (Matched, #2)The Eleventh PlagueBeautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)Personal EffectsEmbrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1)Every Other Day


Where We’re Going, We Don’t Need Roads – Neal Shusterman (Unwholly), Marissa Meyer (Cinder),Rachel Cohn (Beta), Jeff Hirsch (Magisterium), Dan Krokos (False Memory), and moderator Greg Leitich Smith (Chronal Engine)

We’re Not In Kansas Anymore – Libba Bray (The Diviners), Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (Beautiful Redemption),Leigh Bardugo (Shadow and Bone), Rae Carson (The Crown of Embers), and moderator Sarah Rees Brennan (Unspoken)

Creature Comfort – Scott Speer (Immortal City), Anna Banks (Of Poseidon), Gina Damico (Scorch),
Tara Hudson (Arise), Martha Brockenbrough (Devine Intervention), and moderator Sophie Jordan (Hidden)

Real Life Happens – Jesse Andrews (Me and Earl and the Dying Girl), Guadalupe Garcia McCall (Under the Mesquite), E.M. Kokie (Personal Effects), Jessica Lee Anderson (Calli), and moderator
John Corey Whaley (Where Things Come Back)

The Thrill Of the Chase – Will Richter (Dark Eyes), Lex Thomas (Lex Hrabe and Thomas Voorhies) (Quarantine: The Loners), Eliot Schrefer (Endangered), Ally Carter (Out of Sight, Out of Time), and moderator Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Every Other Day)

What Would You Do For Love? – Ally Condie (Reached), Kresley Cole (Poison Princess), Jessica Shirvington (Entice), Tamara Ireland Stone (Time Between Us), Jessica Khoury (Origins), and moderator
Tracy Deebs (Temptest Unleashed)


1 comment:

  1. Very excited to see Ally Condie. Hoping to buy her book. Also very very excited to see Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs