Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday #37 and Top Ten Tuesday #27



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.


Altered (Altered, #1)Altered by Jennifer Rush 
January 1st  2013

  

Teaser:

Five Seconds later, Same was behind the Jeep's wheel. He tore through the yard, kicking up clumps of grass with the spin of the tires. 


When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them.

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away.



Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


Top Ten New to me Authors in 2012:



So I will try to narrow it down to ten. I love to discover and read new authors. I am not sure I only have ten but I will do my best. 



1. Kate Locke - I read God Save the Queen
God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1)

2. Jennifer E. Smith - I read Love at First Sight
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

3. Elizabeth Richards - Black City
Black City (Black City, #1)

4. Anna Banks- Of Poseidon
Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)

5. Lia Habel - Dearly Departed
Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1)

5. Cynthia Hand - Unearthly
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)

6. Leigh Talbert Moore- Rouge
Rouge (Cheveux Roux, #1)

7. Tess Oliver- Camille
Camille

8. C. Bailey Sims- Candlewax

Candlewax

9. Barry Lyga- I Hunt Killers
I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)

10. Keary Taylor - What I Didn't Say
What I Didn't Say





8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Altered...I should be getting that one soon on the same ARC tour, I think. ;) Hope you're enjoying it! Thanks for sharing! Here's my teaser from Hysteria by Megan Miranda. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHhh I'm jealous! I cant wait to read Altered! Great tease!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, all these authors are new to me! I'e had I Hunt Killers on my reading list for a while though. I'll have to check a few more of the other other authors out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Altered does sound good. I wonder why he is in such a hurry to leave. My teasers are from Shadow's Edge by Maureen Lipinski and She Can Tell by Melinda Leigh. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice tease!! Great picks there too! Still need to read Kate Locke and Anna Banks, love Lia Habel and Elizabeth Richards. Cynthia Hand's trilogy is pretty good so far too!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My library finally got Jennifer E. Smith's book in & I'm excited to read it! My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/top-ten-favorite-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2012/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got God Save the Queen from the library, but had to return it before I finished it. I liked what I read though! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Altered sounds interesting. Great teaser, will have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing and happy reading.

    Katie ~ My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs