Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #43 and Top Ten Tuesday #33


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.



Sword Play (The Seer, #4) Sword Play by Linda Joy Singleton

  

Teaser:

I gripped the edge of my chair and leaned forward, my heart pumping fast. This wasn't like any power surge I'd ever seen.

Help her," insists the spirit of Kip, the jock from her old school who died in a car accident. But his cryptic message is the last thing on Sabine's mind as she packs up to move back home. She's not happy about leaving her friends, her boyfriend, and Nona who's gravely ill, but won't dare challenge her mother's orders. Besides, Sabine's also harboring hope that she can become close to her family again. Reuniting with her fencing club brings back painful memories of getting kicked out of school and betrayed by her former best friend Brianne, now too entangled with her boyfriend to notice Sabine . . . unlike Kip's ghost who continues to nag her about someone in trouble. But Kip died alone, so who needs her help? As Sabine researches the events of that tragic night, she pieces together a shocking revelation-knowledge that leads to a dangerous duel with a surprising foe. 



Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


This week is a fun one and hopefully I can think of ten that really stand out! 


Top Ten Bookish Memories:

1. Midnight release for Breaking Dawn: This was my first midnight release and now I am hooked. 

2. Austin Teen Book Festival: I have been twice and love meeting the authors and hearing them speak. 

3. 4. and 5.  Reading the last book in someone of my favorite series!

Twilight Series
Firelight Series 
Guardians of Time Series 

6. Starting my book blog: duh!

7. Getting my first ARC from Netgalley... Candlewax 

8.  Getting my first ARC in the mail from a publisher that I never even requested: yay!

9.  Getting to know some really good blogger friends while discussing books. 

10. The Fire Horse Girl. The ending was definitely memorable for me. I love that feeling at the end of a wonderful book I was so connected to. 

12 comments:

  1. Great teaser. I have't heard of that book!
    Here's Mine- http://tonyaleewords.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/teaser-tuesdays-feb-5/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's super interesting! Here's ours: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=13370

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser and fun memories!

    My teaser is here: http://mrscaptkirk51.blogspot.com/2013/02/teaser-tuesday-diviners-feb-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! And I love your bookish memories...a lot of those are top on my list, too. :) Thanks for sharing! Here’s my teaser! Happy Tuesday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of that book before, but great teaser! And yay for midnight premieres lol. Here's My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice tease! Haven't heard of that one but it sounds pretty exciting!!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go to the Austin Teen Bookm Festival! I've heard a lot about it... too bad I'm SO far away in PA!! Maybe someday :(

    Cool list... thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the top 10 bookish memories! I doN't eve remember my first netgalley I should check that out!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've totally loved reading everyone's lists today! Everything is made better with bookish memories!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs