Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #61 and Top Ten Tuesday #51


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.



Rush (The Game, #1)Teaser: 

He goes quiet, and then shocks me when he reaches out and strokes a strand of my hair back off my cheek. My skin tingles where he's touched.

RUSH by Eve Silver 

  

  
        

So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.




Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.


This week is my top ten summer TBR reads. This is so hard to narrow down.... I have a lot of debuts and a bunch of sequels and series finishers. 


My Top Ten Summer TBR Reads: 

First The Debuts: 


That Time I Joined the Circus


Not a Drop to Drink


The Sequels and Finishers:


Phoenix (Black City, #2)

Of Triton (Of Poseidon, #2)


Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)


Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)


Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)

Whats is on your list?

4 comments:

  1. I'll be starting Gated in a couple of weeks! Not a Drop to Drink looks so good, and the cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooh Of Triton was really good! I thought it was a fantastic follow-up to Of Poseidon.
    Lots of other books on your list that I need to pick up myself! Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! I have Of Triton on my list as well! And Of Poseidon! I've read the rest of your second set except for Marchetta's book, which I have not heard of. Hope you enjoy them all!

    Nice tease too!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I've seen this book everywhere. Maybe I should move my copy up on the stack? And your picks this week are great! Some I've read and highly recommend (Dead Silence, Arclight) and others I'm dying to read -- Not a Drop to Drink, in particular.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs