Friday, August 2, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #76


Feature Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read!



Featured Blogs:


Hardcore Heroines

and





Q:How do you handle a book you don’t like? Do you DNF or do you power through?

A:  I try and I try and I try to power through. I hate to leave a book unread. It could get better right???? There are some that I just could not finish for the life of me. I had to put it in my head that it is ok not to finish the book.  I am starting to feel that it is ok not to finish them. Its a waste of my precious reading time and that time seems to be getting less and less lately. With so many books out there I want to read.... why waste my reading time on a book I don't like. For the record there are very few I don't at least like a little bit.

7 comments:

  1. Good answer. We must for the sake of the author :)

    Happy Friday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-58.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. We need to get over the "must finish every book" idea. And, to be honest, if I'M choosing the books I read, most of the time I like them enough to finish them. It's when I get a random book to review that I don't know much about -- those are the ones that are usually the ones I can't get through. Although, there are exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have on;y had a couple that I just couldn't push through, but majority of them I do. :) Nice answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way! I do everything possible to finish a read, even skimming it if necessary. But I have had a few DNF books because I could not get into the story or connect with the characters or some reason. I still review it and just be honest of why I wasn't liking it. If other people still like it, more power to them. My blog is just my opinion on books and I still feel the need to share even my disliking opinions on books.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always power through because I don't like not finishing books! I'm a bloglovin follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree it can be hard not to finish when you have time invested in a book but same here, there are some I just can't get through. And there's always something else waiting in the wings!

    New follower via GFC and bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to not finish a book. It does happen occasionally though. I always give it my best effort before giving up.
    New follower via GFC!
    Laura
    www.thebooknerd2013.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs