Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

dewey


It't that time again! yay. Hour 1 and I am ready to go. Here is the pile of  books I will be choosing from. 

I have these two to finish...

Just Like FateQuarantine: The Saints (Quarantine, #2)

These to start and hopefully finish some of them. 

Rebel SpiritsThe In-BetweenWaterfell (The Aquarathi, #1)Snakeroot (Nightshade Legacy, #1)Dead Is Just a Dream (Dead Is, #8)Infinite SkyMister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls


Hour One:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?   Texas



2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? This one is hard, probably Dead is Just a Dream


3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Spree Candies



4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I love to read... oh something you don't know... I am am a brand new grandmother.... and I LOVE IT...



5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I don't think I got up and moved around enough. Not enough breaks. This time I will do that more often.




Hour Two:

Finished:

Just Like Fate

Reading:

Quarantine: The Saints (Quarantine, #2)

Hour two Challenge hosted by Book Tunes, from River City Reading

Since I am reading about zombies, ghosts and other creepy stuff I picked a classic-





Hour Three, Four, and Five Update 

Currently reading:

Dead Is Just a Dream (Dead Is, #8)Mister Death's Blue-Eyed Girls







I went with the creep factor



Hour 5-9 Update. 

Going Slow

Finished: 
Dead Is Just a Dream (Dead Is, #8)

Reading:  

The In-Between



If you can't read it... it says A ghostly whirlwind of danger burned. I screamed. My horror shivered. Paralyzing fear nudged. I passed out.


I asked my mother to help with my Mad Lib. 
here it is. 

Those were my (purple) words before I (gargled). Poignant, right? For someone who (runs) books and (stumbles) hours planning her own (dog) , you’d think I could have come up with something a little more (rough) . At least I get a do-over.



Hour 10 Challenge: 
 Favorite Book Trailer: I went with one of my favorite book series 1st book The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting 





I am on the left holding Finn, my sweet grandson. My daughter is on the right. 

Midway Survey Hour 12


1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? Nope not tired now, but I had a few moments a while back. 
2) What have you finished reading? Just Like Fate and Dead is just a Dream
3) What is your favorite read so far? Just Like Fate
4) What about your favorite snacks? Cheese and grapes
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! Not yet but I will be on the lookout.


Best Mystery Book of Your Reading Year: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas 
The mystery just kept me guessing. I didn't know what to expect at the end. The suspense was pretty darn good too. 

Dangerous Girls


Best Fantasy Book of Your Reading Year: The False Prince by Jennifer A. Neilsen
One of the best High Fantasys I have read. Just hooked my right away. 

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)


Best Main Character of Your Reading Year: Lynn from Not A Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
I loved this character. She was tough yet soft, smart yet naive,  wise yet innocent. 
Loved her..

Not a Drop to Drink

Hour 15 Challenge :Cheap Thrills from Fiction State of Mind

My Recommendations:

Horror : Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick 

Ashes (Ashes Trilogy, #1)



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a new grandma! Enjoy your readathon!

    Lisa
    #TeamOtter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micheal!!!!!!!!! I remember when that video came out. I sooo wanted to be Ola Ray! She still looks amazing. Happy read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you have a nice selection of books for today!

    I didn't take enough breaks during the last readathon either, so I'm going to try to this time!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being a new grandma! That's great :D I'm looking forward to being one of those myself one day. Not SOON but one day ;)

    Way to go on rocking the challenges, woot! Keep up the good work!

    Jennifer~ Team Otter Cheerleader!
    The Relentless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great book selections! I'll have to google Spree candies. Have a great day reading!

    #TeamFox Cheerleaders

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're doing great with the Read-a-Thon. Congrats on being a new grandma and enjoying it so much.

    I'm hear to cheer! Hope you're having a great day.

    Team Otter Cheerleader, Joy
    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being a grandma :) Keep on reading and have fun!

    Tanja
    #TeamOtter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your read-a-thon, I love your selections for the "Best of" challenge. Not a Drop to Drink looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs