Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #93 and Top Ten Tuesday #83

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. Bloggers choose two
sentences out of our current read to peak others' curiosity.




Such Sweet Sorrow

Such Sweet Sorrow by Jenny Trout


  
 Never was there a tale of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo…But true love never dies. Though they’re parted by the veil between the world of mortals and the land of the dead, Romeo believes he can restore Juliet to life, but he’ll have to travel to the underworld with a thoroughly infuriating guide.
Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, may not have inherited his father’s crown, but the murdered king left his son a much more important responsibility—a portal to the Afterjord, where the souls of the dead reside. When the determined Romeo asks for help traversing the treacherous Afterjord, Hamlet sees an opportunity for adventure, and the chance to avenge his father’s death.
In an underworld filled with leviathan monsters, ghoulish shades, fire giants and fierce Valkyrie warriors, Hamlet and Romeo must battle their way through jealousy, despair, and their darkest fears to rescue the fair damsel. Yet finding Juliet is only the beginning, and the Afterjord doesn’t surrender souls without a price…

Teaser: 
"I'm going to duel an imertinent Italian," Hamlet repeated calmly, taking a few clumsy thrusts at the air with his sword. 






Top Ten is an original feature/weekly meme created here at
The Broke and the Bookish that features a great bookish top ten every week.



My Top Ten Tear Jerker Books

HeartbeatThe Fault in Our StarsSee You at Harry's
Drums, Girls & Dangerous PieThe Running DreamBetween Shades of GrayWhat I Didn't Say
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood, #5)Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip

5 comments:

  1. Looks like TFIOS is in everyone's list this week :D
    - My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tease! Love the cover of this book and starting to see it around quite a bit! Hope you are enjoying it!

    Nice picks too! Seeing A LOT of The Fault in Our Stars! These are pretty much all new to me! I was surprised with how many books I could think of with my paranormal reads! It was shocking too, especially since I was still thinking of them after I hit the 10 mark!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im curious about Such Sweet Sorrow! I hope it's good. I also looved Pushing the Limits! I have had Between Shades of Gray on my shelves for a while too I should get to that one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks. TFIOS made pretty much every list I have seen. I may have to add some of these to my TBR list. My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list of books. I can't say that Heartbeat made me cry, though it certainly has a very sad premise. And I remember What I Didn't Say being pretty emotional, though I don't remember whether or not I cried.

    Just like Giselle, I also loveloveloved Pushing the Limits and have ad Between Shades of Gray sitting unread on my shelf for a while.

    Also, fabulous teaser. I haven't heard much about Such Sweet Sorrow, so I'll have to check it out.

    I think your blog is super cute, by the way!

    My list!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs