Friday, October 10, 2014

Wee Reads #1


Displaying wee reads.jpg


Introducing Wee Reads!!

I don't have my banner ready yet but I decided to start a new feature today. I have been thinking about this for a while and decided to go ahead and give it a go. I love to read to my Grandson. We started when he was just a few weeks old and now he is 14 months. He will bring us a book, crawl into our laps, and ask us to read. He also reads himself well... we think that is what he does. He loves books and he has some he loves, some he is so-so about, and some he really doesn't seem to care for. So my new feature will feature the toddler board books that he loves and as he grows so will the books we read to him. 


I will start with two of his favorite books from Baby Lit....



Frankenstein: A BabyLit® Anatomy Primer
Frankenstein by Jennifer Adams, Art by Alison Oliver



What's Finn Think.... 
Finn adores this book. The colors are bright and illustration in the Baby Lit books are just eye fetching. This book is about body parts. Fitting right. Each page has Frankenstein's Monster and it teaches about his anatomy and shows what it can do... for example. We have the hand page and the hand is holding a flower. Finn loves to learn all about his anatomy.


Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit® Colors Primer




Alice in Wonderland

by Jennifer Adams, Art by Alison Oliver

What's Finn Think.... This is actually Finn's favorite book. He loves the bright colors and the pretty artwork. His favorite page is Green Frog. He knows when it is coming up and tends to rush the other pages when its close. A beautiful fun book about colors.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this feature!! I have a 3 year old and we're always looking for new good books. He LOVES books, which I'm so happy about. :) I'm looking forward to this feature now!! Both of these sound adorable, and are totally new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are excited abou this feature. i wasn't sure if it would be a hit or not since most of ya followers are teens. but I am not and some of the blogs I follow are not, so I was hoping someone would enjoy this. So yay. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I was in such a hurry this morning... I do not plan well... I forgot to make sure all my formatting was correct. Guess it wasn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is cute! I know where to come to if I want gift ideas for my nephew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super fun post idea! I actually used to be a page in the children's department at work and would flip through so many kinds books. I've started making a list for when I have kids in a couple of years. I still work at my local library I just got a promotion and now I am a desk clerk. Anyway, I'm loving this feature. I can see why he would love both of these books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww so cute! My son is 4 and he's really into reading already which is awesome! I think he'd really like that Frankenstein book he loves everything to do with monsters! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun feature! I will definitely be on the look-out for these books. :)

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs