Thursday, March 1, 2018

Wee Reads: Duck, Duck, Dinosaur by Kallie George

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 



What Finn Reads....  
Duck, Duck, DinosaurDuck, Duck, Dinosaur by Kallie George
  

Three eggs in a nest begin to wiggle and wobble, until CRACK! CRACK! CRACK! It’s a duck . . . duck . . . DINOSAUR!
Meet Feather, Flap, and Spike. They’re three unlikely siblings who each want to stand out. But together, they make the biggest splash! Perfect for families of all kinds, this playful, clever story has a dino-sized heart.


What Finn Thinks...

Do you like this book?
Yeah! Because the egg hatched into a dinosaur. It's silly they are all ducks but not the dinosaur.

What's your favorite part of the book?
The dinosaur, and the dinosaur splashing in the water and making a wave. I like the eggs and the big egg was a baby dinosaur. It made me feel happy because of the dinosaur and the three ducks.

What do you think of the cover?
I like it because it's so awesome. I love dinosaurs. It even says "Duck, Duck, Dinosaur". And the dinosaur is at the bottom

Do you want me to read it again?
Yeah!

What Momma Thinks... 

This is a really cute book. It shows how a family can always be accepting, even if you don't think you fit in. Of course, ducks and dinosaurs are two of my favorite animals. 

Some of our favorite pages:


 


Similar Books...

How to Grow a DinosaurThe Dinosaur Tooth FairyDinosaur KissesDuck On A BikeDuck for President


I’m an author, editor, and speaker living in Vancouver, BC, near the sea. When I’m not writing or editing, I’m teaching creative writing workshops.
I have my Masters of Children's Literature from the University of British Columbia.
I love picture books, fairy tales, beautiful art and music, and baking cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs