Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Wee Reads: You! By Sandra Magsamen

Ever since Finn was born, and even before then, we would read to him. We wanted to show him reading from an early age. Now he loves us to read the same books, over, and over, and over. But it is the sweetest thing, when he likes to pick out a book and climb into our laps. 


What Finn Reads....  
You! By Sandra Magsamen


  

A life full of adventure first requires big dreams. And big dreams need big encouragement. From world-renowned author and artist Sandra Magsamen comes You!, offering inspiration and hope to readers from 1 to 100. Includes colorful, lively illustrations along with whimsical rhyming text that can be cherished in almost any setting.




What Finn Thinks...

Do you like this book?
Mhmm! I like the human going into the tree. The pictures are really colorful! And it made me feel pretty like a kitty! (Finn proceeds to crawl around on the floor, meowing like a cat)

What's your favorite part of the book?
I like the boat with the heart. It's pretty and there's a star! It's like a starfish. I like the silly kitty, he's orange!

What do you think of the cover?
I like the heart and all of the blue.

Do you want me to read it again?
Not now.

What Momma Thinks... 
I didn't really care for this book. I understand that it's supposed to be encouraging and such, but it was just a bunch of random sayings, it had no story, and didn't even flow well. The art was just kinda annoying. I feel like it would be great for under 2 year olds.

Some of our favorite pages:
 Similar Books..
The Wonderful Things You Will BeBe Brave Little OneI Wish You More

1 comment:

  1. I don’t think kids are as picky as we are. They are just happy to have someone read to them. My son was so into any book with cars and trucks. I am a bit sad that we have graduated from Picture books to chapter books.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs