Sunday, March 18, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up: March 11th - March 18th

 
Weekly Wrap-Up 
February 4th - February 10th 

This week on our blog:




This Week Coming Up:

Posts: 

Bookish Banter: Favorite Authors = Automatic Reads?
Bookish Banter: Bedtime; Reading or Sleeping?
Bookish Banter: Are Challenges Your Thing?
Answer Me This: Video Games Vs. Boardgames
Book Tag: Zombie Apocalypse 
Cover Up: It's Good To Be Green Picture Books
I Read That Movie: Woman in Black by Susan Hill
Creature Feature: What The Fae is Going On?


Jenn's week:  

Another busy week with reading. I felt like I really accomplished some reads. I feel I am getting the hang of blogging and reading and visiting other blogs. It takes a bit to learn to juggle. Although Michael does work a lot of overtime. So once he is home more, I may have to learn to juggle it all over again. 

Other than reading nothing really exciting happened this week. 



Here are my books this week:


Books Read:

Risen (Blood Eternal, #1)Relative StrangersRay Vs the Meaning of Life


Audio finished: 

Dead Is the New Black (Dead Is, #1)Everything, EverythingUnearthed (Unearthed, #1)The Forgetting (The Forgetting, #1)How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1)Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)The Upside of Falling DownHer Body and Other Parties




Books Coming Up (hopfully) : 



Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)Fahrenheit 451Time BombArmadaA Night to RememberLiarsWritten in Red (The Others, #1)Tomorrow, When the War Began (Tomorrow, #1)The Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1)A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell, #1)Life Moves Pretty Fast: The Lessons We Learned From Eighties Movies (And Why We Don't Learn Them From Movies Any More)Devils Unto DustAmy Chelsea Stacie DeeA Thousand Eyes



Ash's week

This week was kind of not anything special. I don't even really remember what I did. I know I worked. A lot. I'm working 9 days in a row and I'm exhausted already. 
I've just been trying to read and watch movies a lot, with my husband. 
John and I are going camping this coming weekend for our one year anniversary. (Guys we've almost been married for a whole year! What is this!?)


This week I watched...


What If Poster
What if 
Release date: August 15th, 2014
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Zoe Kazan, Megan Park
What it's about:
Wallace, who is burned out from a string of failed relationships, forms an instant bond with Chantry, who lives with her longtime boyfriend. Together, they puzzle out what it means if your best friend is also the love of your life.
 What I thought:
This is one of my all time favorite movies. Since the first time I saw it, I've loved it. It has the most amazing awkward romance.






The Open House Poster
The Open House


Release date: January 19th, 2018
Starring: Dylan Minnette, Percey Dalton
What it's about:
A teenager and his mother find themselves besieged by threatening forces when they move into a new house.
 What I thought:
This movie had so much potential. The jump scares were great and it had me freaked out until the end. The ending sucked. But if you want to be scared, watch it.







Before I Wake Poster
Before I wake 
Release date: January 5th, 3028
Starring: Kate Bosworth, Thomas Jane, Jacob Tremblay
A young couple adopt an orphaned child whose dreams - and nightmares - manifest physically as he sleeps.
 What I thought:
This one was kind of freaky, it had me freaked out at least. And the little boy was so cute. The ending was pretty confusing and kind of weird though. It kind of just fell flat. Like that's it? Really? So many unanswered questions.








People You May Know Poster
People You May Know
Release date: April 7th, 2017
Starring: Nick Thune, Halston Sage
What it's about:
An introvert realizes he can be whomever he wants to be on the Internet.
 What I thought:
This movie turned out to be much more than I expected. It's a great movie with a great story.






Train to Busan Poster
Train to Busan
Release date: July 20, 2016 (In South Korea)
Starring: Yoo Gong, Yu-Mi Jung
What it's about:
While a zombie virus breaks out in South Korea, passengers struggle to survive on the train from Seoul to Busan.
 What I thought:
This movie is in Korean, with english subtitles. I thought there was no way I could ever get into a zombie movie that is in another language, or that I had to read the subtitles. Boy was I wrong! This movie was amazing. It had me on the edge of my seat and yelling at the TV. Watch it, now.






Ash's Audio: 


HiroshimaCarnival of Secrets (Untamed City, #1)Everything, Everything


Ash's Books:


The Selection (The Selection, #1)Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)Dark Eden (Dark Eden, #1)Mermaids: The Myths, Legends, and Lore


What Ash wants to read and listen to this week:



Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)The Night CircusLife Moves Pretty Fast: The Lessons We Learned From Eighties Movies (And Why We Don't Learn Them From Movies Any More)Last NightThe Death of Mrs. WestawayDark Eyes (Dark Eyes, #1)The RoadThe Lie Tree







2 comments:

  1. Both of you hauled some great books! Jenn, it's always a juggle for time. LOL And Happy Anniversary, Ash! Have fun camping. I love to go too!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first two Tomorrow books and loved them. I really need to find time to complete the series.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs