Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Bookish Banter: Where do you buy your books?

A little Bookish Banter to get us through.  Bookish Banter is a little bit of banter about our bookish thoughts as we have a friendly discussion over a nice cup of tea. 

Where do you like to go to buy books? A used bookstore? A chain bookstore? Or maybe you just use Amazon?

Ash-

I absolutely love going to any bookstore to be honest. I even love looking at books at non-book stores like Target, Walmart, and HEB. 

I think I love any bookstore equally for different reasons.

Image result for infatuated gif

I love used bookstores because they're usually really cheap, and it's always fun to look at all the books that have been owned before. 
I don't know why but I love when books look old and worn and used. I don't mind if my books get bent and kind of torn up. I just love when you know the books have found love.

Image result for old book gif

I love chain book stores because they always have the newest books coming out.
The problem is they usually don't have older books, and they're usually more expensive than anything else. 

Image result for sad gif

I also love Amazon because they have basically every book you could want, plus they're usually a lot cheaper than chain stores like Barnes and Noble. But then I have to wait for the books to be delivered. And who wants to wait?

I also love actual book stores (As opposed to Amazon) because I get to walk out with the books then and there and don't have to wait. I'm incredibly impatient.

Related image





Jenn: 


Is this a trick question? I will buy my books anywhere I find a book to buy. I don't buy as many as I used to because of NetGalley and Edelweiss, but when I do I am not picky. If I know of a book I want to get ahead of time then I normally order on Amazon. Especially if it's a hardcover. They seem to be cheaper on Amazon....the cheaper they are the more I can buy! I have a huge wishlist and TBR. So the more the better. 



Image result for list gif



Now I love to go to bookstores and I normally go on a whim. No book purchase planned I just go and look, feel, smell, investigate, research, then choose a book or two or three. We don't have too many used bookstores around. We have half price books but I don't seem to have any luck finding ones I want to read or that I haven't already read so I don't go there much. We used to have a small one around here but unfortunately, it closed. So I guess I need to figure out if there are any close at all. I feel that Amazon (and yes I do buy from them) has made it hard for the small business owners of used bookstores. I do love old bookstores though. The smell, as you walk in, is just amazing. The feel of the old books, the ones that are scraped up and doggy-eared and even may have some writing in them. Those are books with history and I love those. I really wish we had more old bookstores around here. There is one a little bit of a ways away about 30 minutes. I don't know if it's still there... but anyways the inside was all real wood and old wood. All the stairs, the shelves, and the counter. So when you enter you smelled old books and old wood. That is something special. It looked really cool too.

Image result for old books gif


I guess short story long is that I buy books everywhere and anywhere... Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Book Depository, even the drugstore if needed. I just need all the books. ALL OF THEM! No, really it's a NEED THEM ALL!



Image result for i need it gif




Where do you shop for your lovely books? Are you picky or do you just pick them up everywhere you go?










1 comment:

  1. I trade for my books at used bookstores. New books are too expensive for me. I occasionally get a new book from Target or Walmart when they’re cheap. I’m addicted to Book Outlet and need to stay far away from that site so I don’t buy everything. I don’t think I’ve been to an actual new-book bookstore in years. I feel like a terrible bookworm!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs