Sunday, April 15, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up: April 8th - April 14th

 
Weekly Wrap-Up 
February 4th - February 10th 

This week on our blog:

This Week Coming Up:

Posts: 
Answer Me This: What Are Your Hobbies?
Bloggy Buddy: Meet Greg
Bookish Banter: What books got you into reading?
The Bookworms Wishlist
Book Tag: Book to Movie Wishlist Tag
Cover Up: Recent Reads #2
I Read That Movie: A Wrinkle in Time
Creature Feature: Release The Kraken!


Jenn's week:  

Books Started:



Books finished:





Audio finished: 

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)Wild BirdShatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Chantress (Chantress, #1)The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1)One Was Lost

Books Coming Up (hopefully) : 


Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game #1)Blonde OpsWritten in Red (The Others, #1)Reawakened (Reawakened, #1)The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)In Her Skin


Ash's week

Holy cowbells this week just went by like crazy! One minute its Sunday and I'm trying to finish the weekly wrap up then, and next thing I know I'm doing this week weekly wrap up! I don't understand!?

Well, the most interesting things that happened this week... I have a buddy who I will be reading books and watching movies and shows with. We're doing 5 chapters a day of a book, an episode (Or two!) a day of a show, and then every week we're watching a movie and comparing it. 

Here is her blog in case you want to follow her.
Our first picks are...

The Frozen Dead PosterA Madness So DiscreetThe Host Poster


Now I've seen the Host before and I know I love it. I'm not very far into A Madness so Discreet, but it's pretty good. And Glace is called The Frozen Dead in English. It's only 6 episodes a season, so I'm almost done, but I'm not caring for it very much. So we'll see. 

We're almost done with Santa Clarita Diet which makes me sad, I love this show so much, it's hilarious. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly suggest it.


The other thing that happened is... We got a new dog! She is adorable. We think she's part corgi part Shepherd, but we're not really sure. She's small and sweet. She was born with a defect in one of her eyes that makes her not open it much, but we love her.


So meet Primrose (Named after Primrose Everdeen of course!)




This week I watched...

Release date: June 27th, 2017
Starring: Aubrey Peeples, Keir Gilchrist
What it's about:
Shy Henry is overjoyed to fall into an unexpected romance with gorgeous and popular Samantha the summer after high school graduation. When Henry's love spirals into twisted obsession, Samantha pulls back.
 What I thought:
This one was very very weird. I really don't know how I felt once I finished it. It was an oddly empty feeling. Definitely creepy though. I don't regret watching.


 

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Poster

Release date: December 20th, 2017
Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, and Karen Gillan
What it's about:
Four teenagers are sucked into a magical video game, and the only way they can escape is to work together to finish the game.
 What I thought:
This was an awesome movie, it was better than I thought it would be. Definitely had me cracking up.




The Host Poster
The Host
Release date: March 29th, 2013
Starring: Saoirse Ronan, Max Irons, Jake Abel
What it's about
When an unseen enemy threatens mankind by taking over their bodies and erasing their memories, Melanie will risk everything to protect the people she cares most about, proving that love can conquer all in a dangerous new world.
What I thought:
This will always be one of my favorite movies. I saw it way back when it came out and fell in love.




Ash's Audio: 

Yes PleaseThe Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)

Ash's Books:


Animal FarmThe Walking Dead, Vol. 8: Made to Suffer


What Ash wants to read and listen to this week: 

(Probably most definitely will not get through all of these, but I'mma try my damn hardest!)

Next to NormalThe Lies They TellEverland (Everland, #1)A Madness So DiscreetRuby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1)I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State KillerMemory GirlThe Midnight Twins (Midnight Twins, #1)So Yesterday







1 comment:

  1. Gosh you both have been so busy. And so many awesome books. I must check some of these out. Before I read you insert, I had a feeling where the name Primrose came from. She is adorable and already looks very happy and content. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs